Thursday, January 23, 2014

Close To My Heart Autumn Album Retreat -- Cover Layout: Capture the Details


I was lucky enough to be able to attend BOTH of the Close To My Heart Album Retreats in the Spring and Autumn of 2013 in Salt Lake City.

However, I failed to share these AMAZING layouts with you upon my return...TSK TSK!  SORRY!

I will take you down memory lane for my Autumn Book which utilized the Cricut Artbooking Collection on every layout!

This is one of my most favorite layouts ever!

It is the cover layout of my album using the beautiful Laughing Lola papers.

In the photo of my kiddos, my son is wearing a black and neon yellow shirt which would not have been pleasing to the eyes with the layout papers chosen, so I chose to turn this photo black and white.

Morgan was the flower girl in my brother-in-law's wedding and looked just like a little princess!

I think it turned out awesome!

I love layouts with dimension so I am a 3-D Foam Tape junkie...LOL!

The layout has dimension added to the title "Life" and "Capture the Details", the "Yellow Pennant Banner", the "Lagoon Arrow" and the photo itself.

I also love our coordinating Close To My Heart embellishments.

They make pulling a layout together a breeze as everything looks so great together.


Tips & Techniques for This Layout:
* Mix pre-designed title cuts to create a unique title
* Layer solid and outline borders together
* Add doily shape for beautiful detail in one simple step
* Enlarge a standard photo mat to create a base to the page as done with the bracket shape
* Cut two brackets and layer for more interest, and save the two unused cuts for another project
* Use the "Hide Contour" feature of Cricut Craft Room (CCR) online design software to create the back piece of the banner
* On pieces like the arrow and the striped border, cut the same shape out of two different colors to create a pop of color


Close To My Heart Products Used in This Layout:

 Artbooking Cricut Collection (Z1906) -- $99.00
Laughing Lola Paper Packet (X7170B) -- $9.95
Frosted Paper Packet (X7175B) -- $9.95
Love This Stamp Set (B1432) -- $9.95
All the Details Stamp Set (D1555) -- $17.95
3-D Foam Tape (Z1151) -- $5.95
Scallop Border Punch (Z1851) -- $17.95
Sparkles Clear Assortment (Z1752) -- $2.95
Bronze Shimmer Trim (Z1849) -- $4.95
Slate Striped Twist Ties (Z1864) -- $3.95

Cardstock Used -- Whisper, Colonial White, Gypsy, Lagoon, White Daisy, Goldrush and Black.

Inks Used -- Black



To Purchase Any of These Great CTMH Products
Click on the Shopping Cart!



post signature

No comments: