Friday, April 2, 2010

I wanted to send out a HUGE thank you to all of you who round your Close To My Heart order totals up to the nearest dollar in support of Operation Smile. Jeanette Lynton posted this on her blog, and I thought I would share.

I received an amazing e-mail today from Operation Smile that’s left tears in my eyes and a prayer of gratitude in my heart. I wanted to share it with ALL OF YOU, as you are the reason Close To My Heart is able to be a major contributor to Operation Smile. The message comes from one of our friends at Operation Smile’s corporate headquarters, and it had the following subject line: “A big thank you message from the children of Rwanda!”

Here’s an excerpt from the e-mail:
Thank you so much for your extraordinary support. Once again and despite the economic downturn, you and the fabulous team at Close To My Heart seem to find a way to rise to the occasion and exceed your goals. With great pleasure, we wanted to share this tribute message with you in hopes of reminding you just how special you are to so many, especially the children around the world!

If you look closely, you’ll see some of these children are only a day or two post-surgery, while others are anxiously waiting their big day. By now, I’m sure, their smiles are as full and bright as the possibilities in their futures.

The following photo was included with the e-mail—if a picture is worth a thousand words, this one could write a book:


Life is good. YOU are good. Thank you for making great things possible.

No comments: