Monday, February 3, 2014

Close To My Heart Autumn Album Retreat -- My Happy Place Layout


And in my own personal opinion...I saved the BEST for LAST.

This layout is my all-time FAVORITE.

I LOVE CIRCLES.

I LOVE MY HUSBAND.

I LOVE HAWAII.

I LOVE SKYDIVING.

I LOVE CLOSE TO MY HEART.



The pictures for this layout are ALL from the Close To My Heart Hawaiian Cruise 2012 Incentive Trip that I earned for selling, recruiting and mentoring.

Sean and I started our awesome adventure off by skydiving on Oahu before we boarded the ship.

IT...WAS...AWESOME.

We had it videotaped and LOVED every single second of it.

So when I saw the theme for this layout I knew exactly what I wanted to do.

I hope you have enjoyed my Autumn Album Retreat Layouts as much as I do.




If you have 7 minutes and want to check out my husband and I skydiving it was AWESOME.

It was originally set to music, but the songs that were on there are copyrighted, and I don't want to get in to any trouble for posting so my husband removed those.

If you ever go to Oahu you NEED to check out Pacific Skydiving.

They were the BEST.


Tips & Techniques for This Layout: 
* Add a variety of paper behind overlays to create a detailed pattern
* Stamp on Cricut shapes for visual variety
* Use the filmstrip border to allow for additional photos on layout
* Use the negative space from the heart shape somewhere else on the layout
* Cut the bracket shape in half and place behind photo to add focus to photo
* Use "Hide Contour" feature in Cricut Craft Room (CCR) to create a modified overlay
* Add a touch of sparkle to the page with Shimmer Trim, which can be cut into strips, dovetailed, or used as is
* Layer the circles on top of each other using 3-D Foam Tape


Close To My Heart Products Used in This Layout:
 Artbooking Cricut Collection (Z1906) -- $99.00
Sarita Paper Pack (X7171B) -- $9.95
Framework Alphabet Stamp Set (E1027) -- $29.95
3-D Foam Tape (Z1151) -- $5.95
Blending Pen (3174) -- $3.95
Bronze Shimmer Trim (Z1849) -- $4.95
Sparkles Clear Assortment (Z1752) -- $2.95
Base & Bling Word Accents (Z1882) - $5.95

(Sparkle & Shine Paper Pack -- Now Retired)

My Acrylix Take Note Stamp Set (D1574) from the Cricut Artbooking Collection

Cardstock Used -- Colonial White, Juniper, Whisper, Lagoon, Ruby, Sky, Smoothie and White Daisy

Inks Used -- Outdoor Denim, Smoothie, Ruby, Sky and Whisper


Previous Autumn Album Retreat 2013 Layouts:
1st Layout -- Hello World
2nd Layout -- The Sweet Life
3rd Layout -- Real Life Story
4th Layout -- Just Chillin'
5th Layout -- Today Is A Good Day
6th Layout -- Looking for Adventure
7th Layout -- Hello
8th Layout -- 10 Things I Love
9th Layout -- On This Day


To Purchase Any of These Great CTMH Products
Click on the Shopping Cart!



post signature

No comments: