π Perennial Lavender Scrapbook Inspiration for I Made This Myself Monday
There are some Designer Series Papers that are simply too beautiful to forget once they retire, and Stampin’ Up!’s Perennial Lavender Designer Series Paper is definitely one of them.
For this week’s I Made This Myself Monday, I’m sharing FOUR completed double-page scrapbook layouts featuring this gorgeous retired paper collection. Instead of creating the layouts live from beginning to end, I’m walking you through the finished artwork so we can really focus on the design details, paper combinations, and different ways I incorporated this collection into my scrapbook pages.
The Beauty of Perennial Lavender Designer Series Paper . . .
Perennial Lavender DSP features watercolor-inspired lavender blooms and beautiful coordinating patterns in shades of purple, blue, and green. The coordinating Stampin’ Up! colors include Berry Burst, Blackberry Bliss, Fresh Freesia, Gorgeous Grape, Highland Heather, Lost Lagoon, Orchid Oasis, Pretty Peacock, Shaded Spruce, and Starry Sky.
That gorgeous color palette gives you SO many possibilities when creating scrapbook layouts. π
One of the things I especially love about this collection is how easily the patterns can be mixed and layered. You can create plenty of visual interest on a 12" x 12" scrapbook page while still allowing your photographs to take center stage.
Adding Stylish Shapes Dies . . .
I also incorporated the Stampin’ Up! Stylish Shapes Dies into my layouts.
This set includes 15 stitched circles, squares, and labels, making it an incredibly versatile tool for both scrapbooking and card making. ✂️ The stitched edges add just enough detail to make a simple shape feel finished and intentional without competing with the rest of the page.
Shapes like these are especially handy for scrapbook layouts because they can be used for titles, journaling, embellishment clusters, photo accents, layering pieces, and so much more.
Four Double-Page Scrapbook Layouts . . .
Throughout my I Made This Myself Monday video, I’m sharing FOUR completed double-page layouts and giving you a closer look at how I brought each design together.
Even though Perennial Lavender Designer Series Paper is retired and no longer available through Stampin’ Up!, I hope these layouts encourage you to look through your own paper stash with fresh eyes.
You don’t necessarily need the exact same paper to recreate a layout you love. Look at the DESIGN instead. πΈ
Pay attention to where the patterned paper is placed, how the photos are arranged, where embellishment clusters appear, how colors are repeated across the two pages, and how simple die-cut shapes can help bring everything together.
That’s one of my favorite things about sharing completed scrapbook layouts . . . you can take the parts that inspire you and make them completely your own.
Watch the Fun Video . . .
Check out my YouTube video for a walkthrough of this project.
π LAYOUT #1 . . . and there are SO many little details to love on this one.
For my first I Made This Myself Monday layout, I paired the retired Stampin’ Up! Perennial Lavender Designer Series Paper with soft greens, deep teal tones, and plenty of gorgeous GOLD. ✨
I love how this double-page scrapbook layout gives me room for six photos while still leaving plenty of open space for all those pretty decorative details. πΈ
But can we talk about those embellishment clusters? π Layered greenery, delicate lavender sprigs, butterflies, touches of Gold Glimmer Paper, and that beautiful ribbon give the pages so much dimension and texture.
The Stylish Shapes Dies were perfect for creating the stitched banner for the “Follow Your Heart, It Knows the Way” sentiment and the stitched circle layered inside the sparkly gold focal point. ✂️ And that big “Love You” surrounded by greenery and a sweet little butterfly makes such a pretty statement without taking attention away from the photos.
I especially love how the same elements are repeated on both pages . . . the greenery, butterflies, gold accents, and colors help everything flow together as one coordinated 12" x 12" double-page scrapbook spread. ππ
And YES . . . I absolutely added a little gold sparkle wherever I could. π✨
π LAYOUT #2 . . . now THIS one really lets the lavender shine.
For my second I Made This Myself Monday layout, I pulled more of those gorgeous purples from the retired Stampin’ Up! Perennial Lavender Designer Series Paper and paired them with deep teal, soft neutrals, and . . . of course . . . a little GOLD sparkle. ✨
I love the design of this double-page 12" x 12" scrapbook layout because it has such a fun mix of photo sizes and patterned-paper layers. πΈ The large floral DSP panel running through the center creates a beautiful focal point and helps visually connect the two pages.
And those floral clusters. π I layered the lavender stems with greenery and sparkly gold die cuts, then added that beautiful gold-trimmed ribbon for even more texture and dimension. A few purple gems scattered around the flowers were the perfect finishing touch. π
I also love the little details tucked throughout this one . . . the banners, the soft plaid pattern, the tiny butterflies, and even a dedicated spot for journaling. ✍️ It gives me plenty of room for photos AND the story that goes with them.
But my favorite little detail might be the “I’m so proud of you” sentiment. π That immediately makes me think this layout needs photos celebrating someone or something special . . . a graduation, accomplishment, milestone, sporting event… there are so many possibilities.
And yes, you'll notice the gold sparkle made another appearance. Apparently I had decided Perennial Lavender needed a little extra BLING. π✨
π LAYOUT #3 . . . I think the GOLD and PURPLE combination might have stolen the show on this one. ✨
For my third I Made This Myself Monday layout, I really wanted to showcase one of the bolder floral patterns from the retired Stampin’ Up! Perennial Lavender Designer Series Paper. Those beautiful watercolor-style purple flowers make such a gorgeous statement across the bottom of both pages. π
I balanced all that floral goodness with a softer neutral pattern, rich cardstock layers, and LOTS of Gold Glimmer accents. ✨ I especially love those thin strips of sparkle running across the top and bottom . . . they help carry your eye from one page to the other and make the whole 12" x 12" double-page scrapbook layout feel connected.
And then we have the embellishment clusters. π
I layered lavender sprigs with die-cut greenery in several colors, tucked them over sparkly gold circles, and finished everything with gold-trimmed bows and a scattering of purple gems. π There’s so much dimension when you see these up close.
The “So Happy For You” sentiment makes this layout perfect for documenting one of those happy moments worth celebrating . . . an accomplishment, graduation, new adventure, special milestone, or simply a day that deserves to be remembered. πΈ
I also love that there’s plenty of room for photos while the Designer Series Paper still gets its moment to SHINE. Because sometimes that paper is just too pretty to cover up. π
π Purple florals
✨ Gold sparkle
πΏ Layered greenery
πΈ Plenty of room for memories
Yep . . . this one checks a LOT of my crafty boxes.
π LAYOUT #4 . . . and we’re finishing this series with ALL the Perennial Lavender goodness.
For my fourth and final I Made This Myself Monday scrapbook layout, I wanted to really show off just how beautifully the patterns in the retired Stampin’ Up! Perennial Lavender Designer Series Paper can work together. π
Instead of choosing just one or two patterns, I created wide strips of several coordinating designs . . . lavender sprigs, watercolor florals, soft neutrals, deep greens, and those gorgeous purple patterns. π Placed together, they almost create a patchwork effect across this 12" x 12" double-page scrapbook layout.
And despite using so many patterns, there’s still plenty of room for the PHOTOS to be the star. πΈ
Of course, I couldn’t finish this collection without a little more sparkle. π✨ The Gold Glimmer Paper creates beautiful accents throughout the pages, from those skinny border strips to the sparkly squares and circles behind the floral embellishments.
One of my favorite little details is that sweet stitched square floral accent surrounded by gold sparkle and tiny butterflies. π¦ It’s such a small element, but it adds a beautiful handmade touch right in the middle of the page.
Then there’s that larger floral cluster… π Purple and teal flowers, layered greenery, a big Gold Glimmer circle, a gold-trimmed bow, and a few sparkly purple gems bring all of the colors from the Designer Series Paper together.
And tucked at the top is the sweetest little “Love You Forever” sentiment. π
This layout is a great reminder that you don’t have to choose your FAVORITE side of your Designer Series Paper . . . you can find ways to use a whole bunch of them. π✂️
Dig Into That Crafty Stash . . .
If you happen to still have Perennial Lavender DSP tucked away, maybe today is the day to finally cut into it. π And if you don't, take another look at the Designer Series Paper you already own and see whether you can use these layouts as inspiration.
Beautiful paper was meant to become beautiful projects . . . not spend its entire life sitting on a shelf because we're afraid to cut it. π
Be sure to watch my I Made This Myself Monday video for a closer look at all FOUR double-page scrapbook layouts. I’d love to know which one is your favorite and, even better, whether one of them inspires your next scrapbook project.
Scrapbooking is about so much more than pretty paper and embellishments. It gives us a place to preserve the people, moments, celebrations, adventures, and everyday memories that make up our lives. π If one of these layouts inspires you to pull out some photographs and finally get those memories onto pages, then I consider that a crafty win.
And remember . . . your version doesn’t have to look exactly like mine. Use the papers you love, change the colors, move the photo placements, substitute the embellishments, and make the design work for YOUR memories. That’s the beauty of handmade scrapbooking. Take the inspiration, add your own creativity, and make something that feels completely yours.
I hope you’ll continue joining me each week for I Made This Myself Monday, where I share finished projects, creative ideas, and plenty of Stampin’ Up! inspiration. Until next time, keep creating, keep documenting those memories, and don’t forget to use the pretty paper. π
Join our crafting community over on Facebook at Keeley's Kreations!!
Thank you so much for visiting my blog today!! If you have any questions, I would love to help you and answer them, just follow the link below to contact me. If you would like to place a Stampin' Up! order, I would be thrilled if you selected me to be your Demonstrator.
Contact Keeley | Stay Up-To-Date on Happenings |
Browse Stampin’ Up! Catalogs | Shop Stampin’ Up! Products |
Learn How to Shop at a Discount


No comments:
Post a Comment