Friday, March 30, 2012
Close To My Heart's 2012 Convention -- Dallas!!
Convention 2012 -- Saddle Up!
Convention is coming to Dallas, Texas July 12–14, 2012. Join us in the Lone Star State to enjoy three full days of business classes, Create & Takes, motivational speakers, and all around good times! Stars will shine bright as Corporate recognizes astounding Consultant achievements and reveal dazzling new products! So round up your posse and plan on joining us at the Hilton Anatole luxury hotel in Dallas, Texas, for Close To My Heart’s 2012 Convention. Yee-haw!
Convention is the highlight of the year for Consultant's. The new Autumn/Winter products and Idea Book are revealed, and you get to see it all first-hand. You get FREE product, 13-hours of creative classes, chance to hang with your Close To My Heart Sisters, a chance to purchase the products at 57% off and MORE!! How cool is that?!?!
Plus Corporate just sent us all a "Countdown To Convention Blog Badge!!" Check it out at the Top Left of My Blog!! Very Cool!!
So far myself and my upline as well as 4 of my team members are registered. Who else wants to go? If you aren't part of the Close To My Heart Family you should JOIN today!! Now thru the end of the day tomorrow you can get your new Spring/Summer Consultant Kit for $99 PLUS a FREE Exclusive CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge for FREE!! Once you join you can register for Convention. We would love to bring you along!!
REGISTERED SO FAR:
1 - Me
2 - Jen P
3 - Alicia C
4 - Amber L
5 - Jennie C
6 - Stephanie K
Not sure about Convention or have some questions about it. Corporate put together a FAQ sheet so take a look. If you don't find the answer to your questions on here please email me at email@example.com, and I will get right back to you!! We would love to have YOU join us!! It's an awesome experience and not one you will want to miss!!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. What is Convention?
The Close To My Heart Convention is always the highlight of our year, and this year will be no different. Get ready for three days packed full of incredible business and creative classes, outstanding Create & Takes, new product demonstrations and training, special speakers, awards, show-stopping entertainment, fun, friendship, laughter, and more. You’re sure to come away with tons of great ideas, inspiration, new friends, and motivation to take your business to new heights.
2. Who can attend Convention?All active Consultants, including Junior Consultants, are invited to attend! Convention has something to offer all Consultants. If you are looking for creativity, business tools, fun new products, celebration, excitement, and an overload of great ideas, this is the right place for you! You must be a Consultant at the time of the event in order to attend or to have Convention supplies shipped to you. If a Consultant registers for Convention and then becomes a former Consultant while registration is still open, that Consultant’s registration will be cancelled, and the former Consultant will be refunded whatever registration fees have been paid minus the $50 US cancellation fee. If a registered Consultant becomes a former Consultant after registration has closed, no refund will be made, but the former Consultant may sell her registration to an active Consultant.
3. What is the Leadership Day?This one-day event, which takes place on Wednesday, July 11, the day before Convention begins, is designed to train and inspire Team leaders and business builders. It’s an intense day of business classes with instruction on building and mentoring your Downline. Leadership Day attendees will also get a sneak peek at new Autumn/Winter 2012 products. Lunch is also included.
4. Who can register for Leadership Day?If you are a Manager or above, you can sign up for this informative, leader-focused day during registration until spaces are full. If spots are still available beginning March 1, 2012, Supervisors and above are eligible to register and attend Leadership Day. Once all spots are filled, Consultants with the title of Supervisor or above are invited to email the corporate office to be added to a waiting list. In the event someone cancels, we will turn to the waiting list to fill any vacancies.
5. When and where will Convention be held?
Convention 2012 will be held July 12–14, 2012, in Dallas, Texas, at the Hilton Anatole hotel. You’ll want to arrive by Wednesday, July 11 because Convention registration and activities kick-off that evening and continue non-stop through Saturday evening, July 14. Leadership Day will be held Wednesday, July 11 at the same location.
6. When and how do I register?
The online registration form will be available August 2, 2011 at 9:00 am (MDT). You can choose from several payment options through the Dollars to Dallas payment plan or pay in full at the time of registration. During registration you’ll be asked to make selections such as color group, special needs, etc. Registration is open until May 18, 2012, or until space is full. Learn more about the Dollars to Dallas payment plan.
7. What is the Convention registration fee and what does it cover?
The registration fee for Convention is $300 US. This includes three fun-filled days, including Extravaganza art classes, business classes, a first look at the Autumn/Winter 2012 Idea Book, Create & Takes using new products, a glamorous Awards Banquet, entertaining and informative general sessions, special keynote speakers, exclusive discounts on Autumn/Winter product bundles available only to Convention attendees, and memories to last a lifetime. Dinner at the Awards Banquet is included. Travel and hotel accommodations are not included.
8. Will I receive a discounted registration for any title promotions?
Yes, when you promote to Senior Executive Manager for the first time you will receive a FREE Leadership Day registration (that’s a $75 US value!), and when you promote to Director or above for the first time you'll receive both Convention registration and Leadership Day registration for FREE! That’s a value of $375 US! All rewards are one-time only and valid one year from the time of promotion. To redeem your reward, simply follow the check-out instructions during the registration process. Your promotion must be made no later than the March 2012 commissions that are processed by April 15, 2012. If you have already completed your registration when you promote, contact Consultant Services prior to April 16, 2012 to have the reward amount credited back to you. Any promotions made with the April 2012 commission run and after will be redeemable for the 2013 Convention.
9. Is there a waiting list for Convention registration if the event sells out?No, but you can check the bulletin boards. We have a special bulletin board just for Convention. People who register for Convention and then find themselves unable to attend typically sell their Convention registration via the Consultant bulletin boards.
10. Why do I have to choose a color group when I register?
The afternoon activities will be attended at certain times by certain color groups. If you have a group of friends who would like to attend classes and activities together, be sure to sign up for the same color group. At select activities, two color groups will attend together. If you aren’t able to register in your first choice, simply select the color group that will attend select events with the group you had planned to register in and you will still get plenty of time with your friends, as well as opportunities to make new ones! We also request that those with special needs (hearing impaired, nursing mothers, mobility limitations, etc.) register for the Cocoa Coyote group so that we can best accommodate your needs.
11. Which color groups will be scheduled together at Convention?
Lone Star Lagoon and Sunny Yellow Spurs will roam together. Sunset Saloon and Cocoa Coyote will roam together.
12. Will the Create & Take project be self-guided or fully led?
We received an overwhelmingly positive response to the self-guided pace of the partially-led Create & Take track offered at the 2011 Convention, while those who participated in the fully-led track extolled the sales and marketing tips given during instruction. Based on this feedback, we have decided to combine the sales and marketing training of the fully-led track with the self-paced, partially-led track. In 2012, the Create & Take tracks will be combined to offer full printed instructions, loads of sales and marketing tips, and plenty of staff on hand to offer individualized instruction. You will still receive all the same great training and insight as you would have with the fully-led track, but also have the ability to create at your own pace afforded from the partially-led track. We look forward to helping you create artwork that is both beautiful and business savvy!
13. What happens if I am enrolled in Dollars to Dallas and the credit card I place on file to be charged each month expires during the payment plan period?
Your credit card may be updated at any time simply by returning to the registration page where your receipt is visible and you may enter a new credit card or update info on your current one. An email will be sent to you automatically the month prior to expiration to remind you to update your credit card. If the update is not completed by the time your payment is due, we will contact you by email and request that a new credit card be placed on file for the remaining months. If a resolution is not made within 10 days of our initial contact, we will cancel your registration and you will receive a refund of the amount you’ve paid minus a $50 US cancellation fee. If you wish to re-register for the event, only the full payment will be accepted; enrollment in a payment plan will not be available.
14. What happens if I am enrolled in Dollars to Dallas and the credit card I place on file is declined during the payment plan period?
An email will be sent to you automatically notifying you of the decline. From that email, you will follow a link to the registration page on the Convention website where your receipt is visible. Here you may update your credit card. If the update has not been completed within five business days, an email will be sent to you notifying you.. You’ll have an additional five business days to resolve the issue (i.e., provide a new credit card number to be placed on file). If the issue is not resolved by the time the next payment is due, we will cancel your registration. You will receive a refund of the amount you’ve paid minus the $50 US cancellation fee. If you wish to re-register for the event, only the full payment will be accepted; enrollment in a payment plan will not be available.
15. What if I want to cancel my registration?
If you choose to cancel your registration, you may do so as long as registration is still open (it may close sooner than May 18, 2012 if space is full). There is a $50 US cancellation fee. Simply contact Consultant Services and they will process your request. Your credit card will be refunded minus the cancellation fee.
16. What if I want to sell my registration to another Consultant?
We’ve made it easier than ever before to transfer your Convention registration or Leadership Day registration to another Consultant. Simply return to your receipt page on the Convention website, pay off any remaining balance if you are enrolled in a payment plan and follow the directions to complete the transfer. You will enter the Consultant identification number and the first and last name of the person to whom you would like to transfer your registration. Once you submit this information, an email will be sent to the purchasing Consultant with further instructions. You may sell your Convention registration and Leadership Day registration at any time up until the day prior to the event without penalty. In order to have the correct name printed on the registration items, you must complete the transfer via the receipt page by June 8, 2012. If you sell your registration after this date, the purchasing Consultant will need to bring the transfer email to Convention and present it at registration in order to obtain the seller’s registration items.
17. Will the ability to complete registration transfers end on the last day of registration?No, transfers of Convention registration will be allowed up until the day prior to Convention.
18. Can I still sell or transfer my registration if I am enrolled in a payment plan?
If you choose to sell your registration and are enrolled in a payment plan, you must pay any remaining registration fee balance in full prior to the transfer. Payment of the purchasing Consultant to the selling Consultant must be transacted entirely by the two Consultants. A purchasing Consultant may not enroll in the payment plan. If the selling Consultant has registered for Leadership Day and the purchasing Consultant is not eligible to attend (based on title requirements), Leadership Day registration will not be transferred to the purchasing Consultant. You will need to sell Leadership Day ticket separately to a qualified Consultant.
19. Can I sell or gift my Awards Banquet ticket to another person?Your Consultant Awards Banquet ticket is non-transferrable. While you do have the ability to either sell or transfer the guest ticket you may have purchased, you may not gift or sell your own Awards Banquet ticket to another person, even if you are unable to attend.
20. If I am unable to attend Convention but do not wish to sell my registration, can I still receive all of the product and special gifts given to Convention attendees?Yes. Approximately two to three weeks after the event your supplies will be ready to ship to you. Due to the expenses associated with collecting and mailing the supplies for those that miss Convention, there will be a $100 US (current Canadian exchange rate will be applied) service charge assessed that must be paid prior to your package being shipped. You must contact Consultant Services prior to July 29, 2012, to pay the service charge in order to receive your shipment.
21. If I am unable to attend Convention will I still receive points toward earning the cruise?
No. Incentive trip points will only be awarded to those in attendance at Convention. If you have sold your registration to another Consultant, be sure to contact Consultant Services so they can ensure the correct Consultant receives the trip points.
22. If I am unable to attend Convention, am I still able to purchase the Convention product bundles?No, if you are unable to attend Convention, you will not be eligible to order specially discounted new product bundles from the Autumn/Winter 2012 Idea Book. The Convention product bundles are available exclusively to those Consultants that are present at Convention.
23. If I am enrolled in a Dollars to Dallas payment plan, can I pay off my balance at any time?Yes! Simply return to the receipt page on the registration tab of the Convention website and you will see a place where you can pay off the remaining balance owed on your Dollars to Dallas payment plan.
24. Am I permitted to sell the product bundles I purchase at Convention?
No, the product bundles available for purchase at Convention are an exclusive perk accessible only to Consultants that attend Convention. Due to their limited time availability, Convention product bundles may not be sold to other Consultants or customers.
25. Can I bring a guest to any Convention events?
Yes. You may bring one guest who is at least 8 years of age to the Awards Banquet for a $75 fee. Guests must be added during the online registration process or following the completion of submitting your form by returning to the receipt page and adding them to your registration. Guests can not attend any other parts of Convention.
26. Can I bring my children to any events with me at Convention?
Babies under 12 months of age are permitted to accompany the Consultant to Convention events and activities. Please be considerate and excuse yourself from the class or activity when your baby needs attention, is crying, or needs to be changed. We invite those with a baby to use the Mothers Lounge provided to attend to your child’s needs. To respect the privacy of those who will be utilizing the room, the Mothers Lounge is available for the Consultant and baby only. Guests or friends are not permitted in the Mothers Lounge.
27. Can I request special dietary needs for the meals provided during Convention?
Yes, however the Hilton Anatole hotel is only able to accommodate the special dietary requests that are listed in registration: Diabetic, Vegetarian, and Gluten-free. If you have additional special meal needs, you will need to make other arrangements.
28. What should I wear to Convention?
Business casual is suggested. With 13 hours of creative time, we want you to feel comfortable. Feel free to wear casual clothes, or even pjs, to the creative sessions! For the Awards Banquet we suggest that you dress in semi-formal attire. Play out the “Stars Shine Bright” theme through your clothes and bring on the bling and glam if you choose.
29. Will there be a special discounted room block at the Hilton Anatole hotel?
Close To My Heart has negotiated a spectacular nightly room rate at this top-rated hotel. With the convenience of being our host hotel, you won’t want to stay anyplace else! Reservations can be made by calling 1-800-HILTONS or by following this linkto a reservations website. If making an online reservation, enter CTM in the Group Code field to receive the rate for our room block. Nightly room rates are $139.00 per night plus tax. The room rate includes Internet access, local phone calls, and use of the fitness facilities. Reservations must be made prior to June 11, 2012. If you use a credit card to make your reservation, it will not be charged until check-in. If you do not use a credit card to make your reservation, you will be required to supply the hotel with a check for the first night’s stay in order to hold the room. The check will be refundable up to 72 hours before the first night.
30. Should I decide to extend my stay at the Hilton Anatole, will I be offered the same low room rate?
If you elect to extend your stay at the Hilton Anatole hotel either by checking in a few days early or staying a few days longer, that same great room rate will apply if rooms are still available in our room block. The Hilton Anatole will make every attempt to accommodate your requests; however rooms and rates are subject to availability.
31. Will the hotel require a credit/debit card upon check-in?The hotel will require either a credit or debit card when you check in for incidentals. Should you elect to use a debit card at check-in, the hotel will place a hold on that debit card during the duration of your stay. The amount of the hold will be equal to the total cost of your stay, plus $50 per day for incidentals. If you choose to place a credit card on file for your room incidentals, there will be no holds placed on funds.
32. Will there be complimentary space available to host a Team meeting on Wednesday night?
Yes, for Directors and above. We have a limited amount of space available Wednesday from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm to host Team meetings. The space will be in various conference rooms with varied theater seating capacity from 75 to 320. A microphone will be provided in each room. Reservations may be made for 50-minute intervals with 10 minutes to allow the switch between groups. If you are hosting a meeting with another leader, two time slots may be combined. Space will be reserved based on a first-come, first-served basis.
33. When can I reserve space for a Team meeting?
Team meeting space will be based on availability and distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration by call-in will be open to Presidential Directors starting Tuesday, April 3, 2012, to reserve up to two 50-minute time slots for their Team meetings. Registration will open to Senior Executive Directors on Tuesday, April 10, 2012, to reserve up to two 50-minute time slots for their Team meetings. Registration will open to Executive Directors starting Tuesday, April 17, 2012, to reserve one 50-minute time slot. Registration will open to Senior Directors on Tuesday, April 24, 2012 to reserve one 50-minute time slot and Directors can call in starting Tuesday, May 1, 2012, to reserve one 50-minute time slot.
34. If I send artwork submissions with my Extravaganza proposal will they be returned?Yes, all artwork submitted with Extravaganza proposals may be picked up at the information booth onsite at Convention. Any artwork not picked up during the event will become the property of Close To My Heart and will not be returned.
35. In order to enjoy special Directors-and-above privileges at Convention, when must I achieve the required title?
You will be recognized as a Director on your name badge and be invited to the Directors Dinner if you hold the title of Director at any time during the months of March to May, 2012. If you reach the title of Executive Director or Senior Executive Director at any time between the months of January to May, 2012, you will be recognized at the highest title you achieve. Titles must be reached no later than the May 2012 commission run that is processed by June 15, 2012. Recognition for our leaders and celebrating their hard work and dedication to their Teams is one of our favorite parts of Convention and we look forward to recognizing you!